Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Living Life on the Edge!!!!

Dear Pals,

At the outset, let me first express my gratitude to Gopal Sir for creating blog forum for softlinkers. It really helps us to share our thoughts & explore our ideas. Though writing a blog enables us to think out of the box, most of the times we don’t devote our quality time for some constructive work & keep on agitating ourselves with other things.

That reminds me about one incidence, a few weeks back, on my birthday; I was talking to my maternal grandfather, who is running 95. After our nice conversation I questioned myself that will I be as healthy & satisfied as grandpa at my older age. In last week there was an article in TOI about average lifespan of Indians. The life was totally different at our ancestor’s era, where they were lucky to breathe under fresh air, fully satisfied with their basic amenities with no further expectations in life. Where day by day our mundane has become chaotic, scrambling for toehold on trains, snaking one’s way through traffic snarls, increasing stress levels at work, and all apart from this our ambitions to strive success & excellence has hassled our span. But is it erratic to have expectations? Especially our young generation is striving to benchmark accomplishments in the prevailing competitive scenario.

During my management lessons, I had learned about Maslow’s hierarchical need theory which defines about Human needs. It is often depicted as a pyramid consisting of five levels: the lowest level is associated with physiological needs, while the uppermost level is associated with self esteem & self-actualization needs, particularly those related to identity and purpose. Today our young generation is in striving to accomplish self esteem, which includes establishing individual identity by achieving desired standards & aiming for high in life. Due to augment in earning ability (especially thanks to IT Industry for their healthy packages, we have been inclined towards high criterions. For e.g. Today’s era have become technological savvy, indeed buying costly cell phone with latest trends, allure in purchasing branded items or spend money in costly restaurant etc. These all above mentioned things has changed our lifestyle also we chase to become more successful in life.

Despite of all availability of leisure I still find life more stressful & complex. But I have read somewhere that, unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow. So don't worry about anything. Worrying never solved anything. All it does is distorting your mind.

On concluding this note, I would want all my friends to come forward to express your thoughts, put your thinking caps & share your views. Till then stay blessed, keep smiling & keep blogging!!!!!!!

Prachi Deshpande

No comments:

Post a Comment